The first step to adding your own ancillaries is planning the different categories or ‘Groups’ into which all your products/services fall. Once you have decided on the group names, you can begin to add them. You can use as few or as many groups as you wish.
To create a group:
1. Click the Settings tab, followed by the Ancillary Questions button from the toolbar ribbon.
2. Click Add Group…
3. Assign a name in the Group Name field, then click OK
4. The group has now been added to your Ancillaries, and is ready for questions to be added.
To remove a group:
You will notice that there are some example ancillary groups and questions within the default Ancillary file. You can remove any of the unwanted example groups, along with the questions within the group.
1. Click the group you wish to remove. A blue box denotes that the group is selected.
2. Click Remove Group… , then click Yes , to confirm.
3. The group and any questions nested under that group have now been removed from your Ancillary list.
Organising Ancillary Groups
As groups are added and removed, you may wish to re-order the ancillaries, so that they are displayed in a logical sequence.
For example, this may start with building regulations, then siteworks such as removal of existing buildings,followed by the construction of conservatory from base upwards, frames, roof, internal and external finishing, any other extras and finally fitting costs.
1. Click the ancillary group that you wish to move, then click ↑. If you need to shift the group up multiple places, click ↑ the appropriate number of times.
Similarly, you can move items down the list, by clicking ↓.
Having now added your own groups, removed any unwanted groups and organised them , you should now have a complete list of groups that you can begin adding questions to. If you increase your range of products or services, you can create additional groups and re-order them at a later stage.